Thursday 17 April 2014

Collective Crazes

Growing up everyone went through those collecting crazes. The ones where everyone was collecting and trading stickers or figures and had to collect all of them. At my school it was Tamagotchies and High School Musical stickers one year. The following year it was football stickers and Doctor Who figures.

I was thinking about this as recently our sixth form was part of a collective craze, the Princess Kinder eggs. If you have not heard of Kinder eggs where were you? In the UK they are a part of people's childhood. Kinder eggs are chocolate eggs that have a suprise toy in them. Occasionally they do themed eggs. This time it was Marvel Avengers and Disney Princesses. Our Sixth Form has a lot of Disney fans and we were all desperately trying to collect all the Princesses and swapping with each other. Must have been quite a sight seeing groups of Sixth Formers rush to the local shop to buy Kinder eggs while reminiscing over their childhood. The shops soon realised the popularity and started special offers to persuade people to buy more Kinder Eggs. But don't worry us Sixth Formers are not spending all of our money on these chocolates.

Have you or do you still join in any collective crazes?

My Disney Princess collection is still missing Cinderella

4 comments:

  1. Hello hun:)
    This post is really nice,love it:)))
    Maybe we could follow each other ? Let me know on my blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up I was addicted to collecting stickers! My aunty worked in London and every time she took me there she would buy me a new sticker book to fill up and a pack of stickers to help start me off! Seeing your blog has made me want to dig them out :)

    I really like your blog it is great :) would you like to follow each other? Please let me know on my blog. Thank you!

    Beautysaveuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment back :) I am now following you on GFC! Would be lovely if you could follow back too!

      Beautysaveuk.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I was also addicted to collecting stickers when I was younger. In my early school years everyone was and we used to swap them. I love Kinder Eggs but I never collected any of the little surprises. Nowadays I don't really collect anything as I used to when I was younger! Definitely a very interesting post! I'd be super happy if we could keep in touch. I'd be glad if you could check out my blog and maybe we could follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin. Just follow me and I'll be happy to follow back! Have a great day!


    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I like to read your comments and look at new blogs.