Tuesday 4 June 2013

Postcards

I love buying and receiving postcards. I like receiving postcards because I appreciate that someone has taken the time to write me a handwritten message. I have always loved receiving cards. As we are in a time where texting, emailing and social networking are our main forms of communication it is nice to read hand written messages. I still write my Grandparents hand written letters to stay in contact with them.

My Dad recently went on a five month long world holiday and he sent me postcards from some the different places he visited. Although some of the postcards arrived after he got back from his travels I still enjoyed reading them. I placed them in an album so that I can easily find them and maybe read them.


When I go to different places I buy postcards that I like and put them up on my bedroom wall. Some are photographs others are famous pieces of artwork. I have collected them from London, Paris, Brighton, New York etc. It has taken me three years to build my collection and I can see it getting bigger.

My collection of postcards on my wall is so big it can't fit into one photograph
However I recently took down all of the postcards. Over the summer holiday I am redecorating my bedroom. This meant I had to take down all of the postcards to paint the wall. My bedroom walls look empty at the moment. Some of the postcards may sneak back onto the bedroom walls though….




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I like to read your comments and look at new blogs.